Friday, April 11, 2008

Getting Stuck

Lisa's Gratitude
1. More flowering trees popping out
2. J showing empathy
3. Washing J's hair
4. J working on her (yet another) apology letter to Mrs. Kacak fast & snappy and with a great attitude
5. Bedtime stories

Jordan's Gratitude
1. Awesome Mom
2. Learning about Moses
3. Learning German words
4. Tacos for dinner
5. School

Yesterday J had sort of a hard day in school. Mrs. Kacak reported that it was like she was fighting with herself on making good choices and it was interesting to watch. She finally had to go to the respite room and hit her yucky pillow but not before she screamed that she was going to kill Mrs. Kacak. Again....God bless Jessi for her patience...

The rest of the day went very well and she had a great attitude. At dinner while we were doing the gratitude list she got very quiet and she sort of zoned out. Immediately I knew something was up. I let her stew for a minute or two then asked her what was going on in her head. She said, "I feel really sad that I was mean to Mrs. Kacak." (On the inside I stood up and did a happy dance for the empathy she is starting to feel and the beginnings of a conscience.) I told her I understood and I would be sad too but that after dinner she could write Mrs. Kacak a letter and asked her what she was going to do to make it up to her. She said she wanted to do her laundry for 7 more days. I told her how proud I was of her that she was able to tell me her feelings. It was a big day!

This morning she was a little slow and not my normal "fast & snappy" girl. Mrs. Kacak is going to give her the choice today of hitting her yucky pillow or blowing up her imaginary black balloon with all the yuckies. Hopefully she will feel better and have a great day!

An early trip to the doctors office to get the blood sucked out of me to add more toes to my family. Tudu, I'm beginning to think you're not paying attention....you've got some 'splainin to do....

No comments: