Thursday, January 31, 2013

Surprising Changes



The neuro-reorg has produced some interesting results and so far they have been positive.  The first couple of days J was a little wobbly but since then it's been really good.  She's been extra happy, extra affectionate, more regulated and if she starts getting the tween 'tude she catches herself and changes things up quickly.

One of the tests that is done to see if you need a certain exercise (I don't remember which one) is having that person close their eyes and you touch them somewhere on their arm or leg.  They must then touch the same exact spot.  The first time that she was tested she couldn't find a single spot that was touched.  She would miss it by a mile.  Last night I tested her and she was able to touch every spot correctly on her left arm but not on her right arm.  She was closer this week than last week but still missing the spot by a good bit.  Interesting....

Last week she did:

Belly crawls, you cannot tell them how to do them but they cannot let their belly button get off the ground. She has to do it 5 minutes at a time until she can build up to 20 minutes per day.

Regular crawling (must be with knee pads), again I cannot tell her how to do it but she'll work up to 20 minutes a day, 5 minutes at a time.

I'm certainly no expert but the way I understand it is that these are kind of like progression exercises.  A baby progresses through learning how to belly crawl then on to regular crawling and during the process it develops the part of the brain that causes the left brain to communicate with the right brain.  Also known as pons.  More info here.

Brushing that is similar to the Wil barger technique but a really stiff bristle is used.  The thick rubbery ones like are used for dog washing. NOT the wire kind! We have this one.  You have to use really firm pressure and it feels incredibly good.  When we have time I have J brush me and it is so fabulous.  We have to brush for 15 seconds, wait 5 minutes then do compressions on the area that was just brushed.  These are done 5 times a day.

This week floor patterning has been added.  There's no way to describe those but it sure is interesting and it takes some brain power to do them.  I struggled with them.  There's two different patterns that have to be done and they have to be perfect.  It's better to do 5 correctly than 30 incorrectly.

Here's a link to the research and how it works.

J's most recent tapping script is:


Even tho I hate myself, my mom totally loves me.

Even tho I push my mom away, my mom totally loves me.

Even tho my body remembers so much trauma, my mom loves me.

Even tho I have these body memories I can choose to let them go.

Even tho my past has taught me not to trust, it’s safe to trust now. 

Even tho I’ve had so much fear, I am totally safe now.

Even tho I’ve had some scary times in my life, I am safe now.

I’m letting go of hating myself.  

I’m totally letting go of hating myself, because I don’t need it anymore.

I’m choosing to let go of hating myself because it’s alright to accept myself.

I’m choosing to accept myself.

I’m choosing to let go of my fears because I am safe now.

I’m letting all the fear go because I am totally safe now.

I’m choosing to feel safe now.

I’m choosing to let go of the body memories too, because I am safe now.

I am totally safe now.

There is enough love for me.

There is enough food for me.

There is enough family for me.

There are enough attention for me.

There is enough joy for me.

There is enough happiness for me.

I will always have enough.

I can be kind to others because I have enough.

I can always be kind to others because I am safe and I have enough of everything I need.

I am enough.

I am enough just the way I am.

I can feel confident that my mom totally loves me.

Today I can show my mom love.

Because I am safe and my mom keeps me safe.

Today I will show my mom love.

Today I will let her into my heart and it will be safe to let her in my heart.

My mom is the perfect mom for me and she loves me totally.

Today I will show my mom a bit of my heart.

I can relax now because I am safe.

I will relax my brain because I am safe.

I will relax my muscles because I am safe.

I will relax my brain because I am safe.

I will relax my heart because I am safe.

I will be calm and relaxed today because I am safe.

I will be kind today because I have enough.  

There will always be enough of everything for me.

Mine is on sleep lately because turning off a Type A brain is hard.  (J also taps this every night to go to sleep).  Sometimes I have to repeat it two or three times but usually I fall asleep in the middle of the 1st time. 

Even tho so much has happened today, I can relax.

Even tho I have so much crap running through my head, I can totally relax.

Even tho I have so much to do, I can let it go just for tonight.

Even tho I’m afraid to sleep because I have so much to do, I can turn it off just for tonight.

Even tho I feel guilty that I didn’t get everything done today, I can let it go just for tonight.

Even tho my brain will not shut up because it keeps thinking of things I should do, I can let it go just for tonight.

I can let all my worries go just for tonight.

I can let all my fears go just for tonight.

I’m letting go of the fears, worries, guilt and shame go, just for tonight.

I can pick them back up in the morning but just for tonight I’m letting them go.

I can let my brain rest.

I can let my body rest.

I can let my muscles rest.

I can let my brain rest.

Everything on my body can just rest for the night.  

I’m letting everything on my body be calm and relaxed.

My brain is relaxed.

My muscles can relax.

My whole body can totally relax and just let go.

I am safe.

I do not have a care in the world.

I can be totally calm and relaxed.

I can sleep peacefully.

I will sleep peacefully all night.  

P.S.  The reason I'm posting our scripts here is because it keeps me accountable to change them regularly instead of getting in a rut. 


No comments: