Just because I'm a sorry blogger lately doesn't mean there isn't a lot going on. Didn't want y'all to think it's all crickets over here.
I've really begun a plan to take better care of myself. I need to for me and my kids.
A few of the changes are:
1. I've given up coffee. (Actually it's coffee flavored milk but still....) no more caffeine at all. The weird thing is that now I have more energy. Can someone please explain that?
2. Lots of dietary changes including going pretty much vegetarian (except for sushi). I'm shopping the perimeter of the grocery store in fresh items only except for staples. I've never been big on processed foods but I've really cut them out now. Even tried quinoa for the first time. We made this dish yesterday and it was a big hit. Portobello burgers are a current favorite for everyone.
3. Started a vitamin regimen. I already had one for the girls but I'd left myself out mostly due to the expense. I have decided that I need them regardless of the expense and my repulsion of taking pills. Omega's, B-2, B-12, niacin, kelp, CoQ10 and magnesium in an effort to jump start my failing metabolism and for the energy boost. Click here to learn why you should be taking CoQ10. Kelp is here. You might know all this stuff but I was shocked.
4. Power walking 20 in the morning and 15 minutes in the evening.
5. Drinking 5 to 6 20 oz glasses of water daily.
6. Started drinking 4 oz of Essiac Tea daily to detox my system. It is mainly used to treat cancer homeopathically and I have several friends that are still living (many years later) from using Essiac Tea even though they had been sent home with hospice. I have taken it before for chronic constipati*n (like hospitalized for it and years on miral*x) and it cured my problem so I'm using it now as a detox. More about Essiac Tea here. I make it myself so that I know the quality and freshness cause it's a piece of cake and it's much cheaper than buying it pre-made. $20 makes about 4 gallons which lasts about 3 months. It's found here.
7. I've started taking Chant^x. Yes.... you heard me. My dirty, nasty, shameful secret is out there for all the world to see. *hanging head in shame* I smoke. (There's a saying that you're only as sick as your secrets so maybe I just got a bit healthier by admitting it.) I hate that I smoke. I hate the way it smells, hate that I'm a slave to them, just loathe the habit all together. It's nasty and disgusting. Don't hate it enough to go through the pain of quitting though. So I've resorted to chemical help. My quit day is next Tuesday. Just so y'all know....I quit before I got J. Then I got her.......and the stress went through the roof and I caved. Blech. Please pray, send energy, positive thoughts....whatever you believe in....send it my way. I could really use it. ♥ Planning on tweeting on the good, bad and ugly on quit day and after.
J had a pretty bad weekend. She was very pissed off that she didn't get to go to NYC this past weekend with G and you know that was all my fault so she showed me with her behavior. I had figured out that was the reason she was mad but since it was almost therapy day I left it to Kristy to address. Now she's not mad about that anymore but the time change is throwing things out of whack for the littles. I've noticed that the fact that I'm taking better care of myself is bizarre to the girls too. Yet I know I'm setting an example to do it for themselves when they are grown.