Friday, October 2, 2009

Script

After talking with Christine last night, something she said caused me to have an epiphany in the shower this morning. I've been doing guided imagery with J for quite some time. Already know she loves it....why couldn't I change it up and do one about "just her"? Since I was going to write it out to record I'll just do it here, print it out and record it tonight. I've taken the very first part and very end of the script out of the book and put my words in the middle. We'll see what happens....

Please take a moment or two to position yourself as comfortably as you can, allowing your body to be well supported....and gently letting your eyes close, if they want to...and arranging it so your head, neck and spine are straight...

Letting your hands rest comfortably somewhere on your body so that you can feel the rise of your body when you breathe in....and the way it settles back down when you breathe out...and you're becoming more and more attuned to the feel of your breath moving in and out of your body....

And now...taking a nice deep, full, cleansing breath...and breathing out, fully and completely...feeling the expansion of your belly with each breath in....and the way your body subsides with each out-breath...

And again...breathing in...and this time imagining that you're sending the warm energy of your breath to places in your body that might be sore or tense or tight.....and releasing the tension with the out-breath...so you can feel your breath going into those places...warming and softening and loosening them...and then, gathering it all up...and breathing out...

So that more and more you can feel safe and comfortable..relaxed and easy...watching the cleansing action of your breath...

And any unwelcome thoughts....those too can be sent out with the exhale...so that just for a moment, your mind is empty...free and clear space...and you are blessed with peaceful stillness...

And any emotions that you might sense inside...those too can be noted and breathed out of your body... so you can be still and quiet...like a smooth and glassy lake with no ripples...

And now, if you would...relax even deeper....knowing in your heart of hearts that I love you no matter what you do...you can throw fits all day and I will still love you...there is nothing in this world that will ever make me give up on you...you are my child....forever....and forever....and forever...you deserve to be loved....you deserve to have fun....you deserve to be clean....you deserve to be happy....you are a precious child...you deserve to be safe....you deserve to be relaxed and calm....you are crystal clean on the inside....you deserve to be a normal kid...you deserve to have a good home with a family who loves you....you deserve to have a mom that loves you and takes care of you.....I love you with my whole heart and there is nothing that you can do that will change that....forever and ever....you are my daughter.... you were born in my heart and will live there for eternity.....

It is safe to open up your heart and let all of the love inside.....your heart is large enough to hold all of the love you are given...it is safe to love now....no one will hurt you anymore....I love you my darling daughter....and I am so proud of you.....

So with every breath you are letting the love fill your heart....feeling it move into your muscle, tissue and bone.....all the way down into each and every cell...

So with every breath, you're inhaling the nourishing beauty of this love...bringing it into your body...breathing it into your heart..and with each exhale, you're more able to release whatever you wish to let go of...

Breathing deeply and easily...taking the peaceful beauty of the love into your body with each in-breath...and letting it move all through you...and breathing out...whatever you wish to release...strong and steady...in and out...peaceful and easy....

Sleep peacefully....feeling the love all in your body knowing you are safe, cared for, deserving of all good things....

Knowing in a deep place that this place, this love, is inside you...that you are better for this....

And so you are.....

9 comments:

Kathleen said...

Awwwww I want one!

Mama Drama Times Two said...

Wow. Very powerful. I need to learn more about this - my little guy is having some issues of late - trauma memories resurfacing - and I am thinking this might be helpful....

Jody said...

Oh wow. I felt MYSELF relaxing as I read that. good job, Lisa! So you record these onto an MP3 player and then play it all night for her? over and over?

Jody said...

I love it. I felt myself relax as I read it! So you read this into an MP3 player...calmly and quietly..adn then play it in her room all night over and over?

Maria2432 said...

Lisa,

I'm new to your blog and I am so glad I have found it. I have ordered "the book" and look forward to reading it. Love the lie detector approach. Wondering if you would explain what the scheduled fits are. If you've done this several times, let me know and I'll send you my email.

Thanks,
Maria

Lisa said...

Jody, yes I record and play repeatedly.

Maria...please email me....

Deborah said...

That's beautiful, Lisa.

Unknown said...

That's so powerful. I wish I had a mother like you! (I do have a good mother! Just daydreaming.)

I have missed you, too.

Peace,
Karen

Annie said...

That is lovely....except I'm still having trouble breathing. You are so educated about these sorts of things... are there just people who become not relaxed but so tense they can't breath when told to concentrate on their breathing? Or, am I the only one? Rather than relax I begin to get tense until I can't breathe at all, and go around gasping for breath until I forget about it. I love guided meditations, but they have to begin with muscle relaxing.