Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Totally Saved PW's Life

Last night Cindy and I endured the loooooonnnnnnnggggg lines to meet, greet and sign with Pioneer Woman. Major feat for both of us since we're not "wait in line" people. Totally worth it though. We made it there around 4:30ish even though the signing wasn't until 7:30. Good thing though because once there we discovered that the signing had been moved up to 6! Bad thing....we discovered that 300 other people knew to come in the morning to get their wrist bands so they were waaaaayyyy ahead of us. Wisenhammers. Actually I'm just jealous that I didn't know about this or I would have seriously driven the 1 1/2 hours to Atlanta, 1 1/2 hours back home, then 1 1/2 hours back to Atlanta again for the book signing to get me one of them wristbands.

Did I mention that I hate standing in lines????

Lucky for us Cindy spotted some comfy chairs and we dragged them to the middle of the floor. We had happy butts (and feet) for the first four hours. Noticed that there were more dslr's in one room than I've ever seen.

1 1/2 hours of waiting brought this response:




Then glory be! There was a ruckus and looky who arrived.....




Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know you can't see her but she's in there somewhere you just have to trust me on this one.
The woman of the hour (s) sat down and smiled her way through the evening. Don't let her kid you. This woman can do some serious multi-tasking. I witnessed it in action. Smile, sign, remember what you're signing and who it's to, be charming and beautiful. Yeah. Total multi-tasking queen.
Wonder who this is????

It's Bakerella! Standing in line with the rest of us peons. Bless her heart.
Lucky girl has been to "The Ranch". Should have been asking her questions but others were hovering. Apologies for the fuzzy picture. Bakerella is not fuzzy IRL.



More waiting in line....that's me ducking out of the way while another Cindy (the young lady behind us) was practicing using my camera so that she could get our mugs when we finally made it to the end of the line.
The girls (mother & daughter) in front of us had driven 5 hours just to be here.

Right about now I made the decision that some hydration was absolutely necessary. Like I wasn't going to make it to the end of the line without it. So I waited patiently in line behind tons of other folks while Cindy is holding my place in line. This is where the life saving comes in.....

I'm next in line when I noticed Betsy at the end of the line......waiting patiently.....and I urged her to go in front of me. Ree was needing something to drink too. Dying of thirst. Yay me.....for saving the day. No. Not really. But it sounds good. Beautiful Betsy was so sweet and very gracious. Only problem....didn't have my camera with me. Totally missed this photo op.

PW had great facial expressions. Very animated. I loved this about her.

5 1/2 hours later we finally made it! A miracle! This is when the babbling started. Babble, babble, babble. I was babbling...not Cindy. Let me clear on that. I totally carried a watermelon. Name that movie. Yes Cindy....I recognize that you're going to be really, really, really mad. BUT....remember I love you before you take me out. :)
PW just took it all in stride, made nice conversation and ignored the babble. Bless her heart.






Moving right along we met Betsy (again) and Hyacinth. Sweet ladies autographed their pages in our books too. Then Betsy asked if I had a blog.... Ha! Told her that yes I do but it's woefully un-Pioneer Woman-like. Ahem.....special needs kids blog darlin....no entertainment for you girls...unless you like to read about tortured moms living with Reactive Attachment Disorder kids. :)
Then they had to stop talking to us cause we were backing up traffic and PW wanted a picture of the red hair of the sharp gal behind us. It was beautiful red hair. Then we moved along back to our mundane lives and traveled home.
This is where you pick up your ultra cool PW t-shirt. Unfortunately the only size available fit my 9 y/0. Hopefully she'll put these up for sale later in ahem....adult sizes.

Important info for anyone going to PW events. Wear comfy shoes, clothes and carry hydration.



This was totally worth the wait. Thanks for the memories!









6 comments:

Rachie317 said...

ARGH!! I am SOOOO jealous that you got to stand in line for 5 1/2 hours and meet PW!! I was planning to go when she was in my area... and then I had to go to my dad's wedding instead. :(

You're so lucky. ;)

The Accidental Mommy said...

Well I am SO glad you finally said who PW was. I really had no idea. Love the new look, very pretty and girly!

BT said...

Oh my goodness, I am so green with envy. Can't believe you met PW and Betsy and Hyacinth. Totally worth the lines and dehydration!!! I am really hoping PW will tour Canada at some point.

In response to your comment on my blog, I am totally coveting a PW cookbook. Think M may get it for me for my birthday next year, so don't to get it for myself just yet. Otherwise I would!

Shanti said...

i have heard such great things about PW, but have never looked at her stuff yet. guess i'm gonna have to check it out!

Tudu said...

I have made several of her recipes lately and now every night my hubby asks if it's a Pioneer Woman dish. He says she is in his Top 3 and has never seen a picture of her. LOL I guess it is really true that the best way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

Brenda said...

Is it terrible I know who none of these people are? Guess you are the only star I recognized! : )