Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Day 2

Everyone survived today.  Only because I had help but we still made it.  The regression and aggression is already getting better.  I think.....I hope...... If my friend were not here, I would not be making it through this.

My kid missed so many developmental milestones in her infancy.  It breaks my heart that no one was there letting her crawl and have the body movements that babies have to develop their brains.  She was kept in a baby carrier, strapped in for days at a time (in front of a TV playing "Chucky", and never made these milestones.  It's horrendous what she went through.  If I can give her back these milestones, I will move heaven and earth to do so.

All of us are covered in bruises and blisters but we are plowing through.  We are calling them our war wounds but we're not letting them slow us down. FYI: Just in case you're worried.... These bruises are not from touching a child.  They're from crawling on the floor.  They are not touched at all except during the brushing which is a sensory tool.  I have bumped into furniture because I was getting careless and our blisters on our toes are from pushing ourselves on the floor to belly crawl.

One time during some of the homolateral patterns J started doing the sucking at her lip and teeth thing, making that squeaking sound again.  My friend had her to stop and blow all the scary thoughts out.  J did and then was able to complete the patterns.

During the last 3 minutes of J's very last belly crawling I belly crawled in front of her for motivation and to align with her challenge.  I now have a blister on my big toe from just that 3 minutes.  AND it took my heart about 10 minutes to quit racing so that I could get off the floor.  That belly crawling business is incredibly hard.  I have a whole new respect for our kids having to do 30 minutes a day.  Holy cow!  It's no wonder they want to go to bed at 6.  They are exhausted.  Geesh....

During all the neuro we are taking time to do TRE interspersed with the exercises.  It seems to be helping alleviate some of the painful body memories that are coming up.

To everyone that called to check on me, emailed me, and encouraged me, thank you so much from the very bottom of my heart.  You'll never know how much I appreciated your support.  This stuff is hard.

J asked for baby time tonight.  You better believe she got it.  We are giving both girls Reiki right before bed.

Now if the masseuse would just hurry up and get here and they'd carry me to bed after a nice long massage, I'd totally be in business.  Ha. Ha.  As if...

6 more days.......  Just 6 more days.....

I can do this......  I can do this....I can do this....

Tomorrow we'll be alone for a couple of hours so we'll really see where things are then.  Trying not to worry about it too much.









2 comments:

stellarparenting.com said...

yes you can, 6 days, you can do this for 6 days.

Last Mom said...

You've got this! Thinking of you guys today! Love you!