Thursday, January 27, 2011

Random in it's Randomness



Every day I'm trying to find joy.  The thing that brings me the most personal joy is photography.  It can also bring me a lot of frustration but it's fun frustration if that makes any sense.  It's the thing that feeds "me".  I have to have something that feeds me.  Face it....it's easy to get drained and lost in just living life and particularly parenting RAD.  The more joy I put back in the better mother I think I am.  Most importantly I'm not going to allow anyone else to steal my joy.  That includes J most of the time.  I was going to take Christine's dare and find joy with J today.  We didn't manage it until bedtime but we finally did it by playing Trouble.  We both truly enjoy playing it and it's something we can do together.  Usually it's a sure fire way to get both of us out of the doldrums.  There aren't many days that we don't make time to play a game. 

We also still do gratitude lists at dinner.  The lists are sometimes quite comical but they are always genuine.  And...they also bring us happiness to think about the things we're grateful for.

Tonight our dinner was on the gratitude list.  We made PW's Sour Cream Enchiladas.  Holy heck those things are divine!

I'm starting to get really excited about Orlando.  I'm also starting to get really nervous.  I'm an introvert by nature so large groups of people make my anxiety level go sky high.  Fortunately for me there will be a few others with the same problem so I'm guessing we can all go hide together when we're overwhelmed.  :)  Orlando will get me out of my comfort zone and I guess that's a good thing.

I've been trying to read the blogs of everyone that is going so that I have some idea "who" they are.  I'm having trouble keeping up with aliases and real names, locations and family dynamics.  Staying pretty lost but I'm giving it my best shot. 

What do you do to find joy for yourself?

Did you know Diana over at Gold to Refine is doing a retreat for Trauma Mama's?  Go here to check it out.

I'm ready for Spring.  This has been the coldest and snowiest winter I've ever known.  I have no idea how you folks up north do it.  Seriously.

Week 3 of being cola free.  Oh how I miss you....

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh man. I was with you and just enjoying your post until that last statement. Glad you saved it for last. Me and my cola are best friends..that's where some of my joy each day comes from. :)

Marty Walden said...

I am so with you on the introvert thing. So Corey made me a house mom. That makes total sense to me. I will be happy to hide with you anytime in Orlando. I'll be the one making everyone wear name tags because my brain is too shot to remember them. Or I can just call them by their blog name.

Mama Drama Times Two said...

Cola free???? Jeesh. I'm impressed! I just cannot even contemplate what I'd do without my cup of coffee in the am and cup of tea in the evenin'. Oh my heavens - I'm a bit nervous about Orlando too - which is why I haven't even joined in any of the facebook banter - I'm havin' a hard time keepin' up with who is who with this many new people....

Lee said...

Cola free? Congrats! I gave up diet coke (I have had an addiction to diet soda since 7th grade)Oct 22, 2009. LOL I did it thinking it would help my headaches. Not sure it did but when I actually drank 1 soda at a company party this December I HATED it! Couldn't believe I used to lust after that chemical after taste!

Linda said...

Congrats on the no cola! I quit coke when I had surgery back in May 2009. I will take a sip or two of my kids drinks, but stop there. I didn't slip until my sister left back home to GA. As they pulled out of the driveway I went straight to a can of Dr Pepper. I didn't even think about it. It would be so easy to start again, but will try not to. You go girl!

Sarah said...

ha! I Agree- we should all wear nametags with first name, alias, blog name, etc. all written on them so we can try to match people we "know" online to faces. I will also be way out of my comfort zone, so at least you won't be the only one.

Heather said...

Your photography is spectacular! You really have a talent - I couldn't even pick a favorite.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't been able to keep everyone who's going to Orlando straight. I'm with Sarah on the nametags idea... I'll never keep alias and real names sorted out. It actually surprises me how not-nervous I am (yet) - maybe because after reading the blogs it seems like I know you all already.