Gerri, I do believe our girls are conspiring against us. Haven't you noticed Alyssa's on the phone with J late at night while we're peacefully sleeping? We need to be checking our phone bills. ;-0 It does seem to go in cycles. Maybe it's the moon cycle or something.
Yep, Thorn, I can wear something out. While emailing CJ a little stuff yesterday, I just discovered that you can do it in Outlook Express. Don't you feel sorry for all my email buddies now? ;-) Actually, Lauri taught me to do it several months ago. Aren't you glad you weren't reading my blog then!? I was really over the top! But then again, I am a Freak (see comments from Gerri in the last couple of days - she knows me really well). No, I'm really a Super Freak. If you're going to do something do it really big. CJ will verify that for you too!
Gratitude is the foundation for everything that I do. If hadn't been well schooled (thanks Priscilla) in gratitude before J, I don't think we'd have ever made it. I have to be really conscious of the progress that she has made and for all the little things that she's accomplished or I would've drowned in depression a long time ago. It's so easy to forget from where we come. I get lost in the drama, rages and well...just life in general if I don't make a concerted effort daily. You do NOT want to be around me if I'm not doing the gratitude list. Heck! I don't even want to be around me. It's not a pretty picture. Yuck! I keep all my lists in a journal and look back on them sometimes. Then it's really astounding! I've been remiss in posting some of our gratitude lists on here. I'm going to rectify that at the end of this post.
Torina, I am so tickled that you liked the Therapy Shoppe! It might really be a big disappointment but this therapy tool looks like it might prove to be very helpful. They had a lot of cool stuff I wish I had known about a long time ago.
Just in case you're new to my blog here's something you need to check out. This was Friday, April 4, 2008
This progress from that post to this one is this:
1. She hasn't had a true rage meltdown at all on me in months. (Notice I said "me")
2. She hasn't hit the doors or walls in months.
3. I haven't been bit, kicked, spit-on or hit in over 4 months.
4. She hasn't tried to hurt Puddin since March 2008.
5. She now LOVES to sit in my lap and give hugs on my terms.
6. She has earned the privilege of petting Puddin almost daily. (Always supervised)
7. She has earned the privilege of feeding and giving treats to Puddin.
8. She is an absolute joy to be around 90% of the time.
9. No longer does she sleep with the covers pulled so tightly around her face that I wonder how she breathes.
10. She is willing to work hard on her life. (most days)
That folks, is a lot to be grateful for!
Here's J's Gratitude:
1. Awesome Mom
2. Ms. Chris doing Reiki on me.
3. Play date with Roman & Siena
4. Mom reading Little Women to me.
5. 204 jumps with the jump rope. (non-stop)
6. Lots of people helping me heal my heart.
My daughter has beautiful spirit that is fighting to come out. I am so proud of her!