Friday, August 15, 2008

Sushi

You know when you've had a hard day nothing will pick you up quite like a road trip for sushi. Daddy G, J & I high-tailed it 3 cities south for all our favorite rolls. Of course J ate her weight in sushi and was a very happy camper. The moon must have something to do with my lack of sleep last night. Since I was up so early I took the opportunity to go snuggle J up. An hour of wiggly worm and I went back to my bed and then did NOT want to get up when the alarm went off at 5:45.

A 3 egg omelet with smoked provolone (veggie cheese of course silly!) and home grown maters and a piled high plateful of watermelon later my kid was FINALLY full. Who knew it could actually happen?!?!

Since we're in nice, peaceful space right now I wanted to take the opportunity to share with you some things that have really helped J. The Learning Breakthrough program helped J make significant strides in mental/sensory processing. Before this program she had trouble getting almost ANY subject. Couldn't choose the right pronoun to save her life. Sequential processing was extremely difficult. Most little radishes have lots of trouble with sensory and processing issues. Leaps and bounds were made with this program and it couldn't be easier. 15 minutes twice a day. Simple as pie. The AT noticed it first. I didn't mention that we were doing this program and she picked up on the difference only 2 weeks into the program. Very cool! I chose to do this program with an OT vest thanks to help from my friend, Tudu. Speaking of Tudu, she's been conspicuous by her absence. Gonna have to check on that girl! ;-)

The k12.com homeschooling program has been great for J and easy on her teacher. Simple as 123. Plus it's free as a state funded program in quite a few states.

I have a few more, but work calls so look for an update a bit later.

3 comments:

Alyssa's Mom said...

I don't understand Sushi!

It must be because I live in a meat and potatoes part of the country, but the idea of eating raw fish......YUCK!!!

Glad you had a good night. I see many, many more in your future!

Unspeakable Joy said...

i must be in her part of the country then too, yuck! :)
thanks for the links, ds has sensory issues as well, so i bookmarked to check them out soon, thanks!

Perspective RAD said...

This is good stuff! We are getting ready to start homeschooling again.. Thanks for sharing.