Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Progress

Chrissi left yesterday and J had appropriate sadness and cried a lot off and on for the rest of the evening. Only a RAD mom would be so excited that their kid was sad. This is really great progress for J. I did lots of holdings with her yesterday and baby time (now that I know important it is that she SUCK on the bottle instead of chewing it) with chocolate goat milk (you already know that most RAD kids are allergic to bovine milk/cheese and it doesn't mimic lactose intolerance but meltdowns/behaviors instead) and chocolate oatmeal cookies. When you're sad you can never have too much chocolate. ;-)

Lordy I was sad to see Chrissi go home. Hugs at the airport and pictures made then I had to turn and start walking before I lost it in the middle of the airport. I sure do love that child and she was such a wonderful blessing for us this past year. She will be back to America of that I am sure. Probably before she expects to. She's going to have a hard time with a lot of things but she will persevere because she is not a quitter. Yes...Chrissi....I know that you are reading this so get out your American dictionary and look up persevere. ;-) Ok...enough about Chrissi cause I'm about to start crying again. :-(

Jessi is only going to let J have fun for the rest of the week to help her cope some with Chrissi leaving. A plan formed by AT, Chris & I and I think it's a good one. Jessi knows that if she's having a really hard time to bring her to my office so that we can cuddle and I can console her. I sure do wish I could be at home today. Friday afternoon 4:15 our time and 10:15 Chrissi's time we'll be talking on Skype. Thank God for Skype! If you don't know about it you need to check it out. All you need is a webcam with a microphone and you talk for FREE long distance anywhere with anyone else who has Skpye. It's in real time and it's a wonderful way to keep in touch with loved ones and the bonus is to be able to see them too. Check out www.skype.com.

Chrissi, J has carried Bo Peep everywhere and is convinced (hoping) you'll be here for a visit at Christmas! Selfishly wishing you were here too.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

What a blessing she has been to you both. Peace and comfort to you all.

Alyssa's Mom said...

Good for J that she had feelings!!!

That is HUGE!!!

Am I being stupid? What is the deal with the milk/cheese?????????

J is getting stronger every day!!!

C said...

We've had appropriate crying, too, lately. It was first over leaving my parent's house a couple of weeks ago. Then, this weekend, when I left, appropriate crying from dd9!

It's hard to not hug her and smile and say, "I'm so glad you're crying!!!" :)

Unspeakable Joy said...

aw, sorry you'll all miss her! but yay (in a rad way of course) on the sad. :) i've told mine a few times, i'm so sad with you but i'm also happy you can cry, that shows you're learning!

Perspective RAD said...

Yay! for the sad!!! and the chocolate 8) I'm glad you have good support while you are working...What a WOMAN you are! Happy/Sad for you guys making progress.. :)Bittersweet progress.

Brenda said...

I'm glad to hear she is feeling appropriate emotions. You have all worked so hard.