Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Trip and More

G, Mockery Mark & Kaylee
G

Kaylee & Becca



G, Becca & Kaylee


Becca, Kaylee & J




Taken right after J had skied down the hill with Mary Alice.
Today dawned to find a much better mood in our household. Whew! What a relief! Thanks for all your support. I don't know how I ever did this without y'all.
Therapy was short and sweet and J is moving right along. I know J has talked about throwing fits on her blog. They are NOTHING. I mean really nothing. I told her that she really didn't throw a fit and she said, "yes ma'am, it was too." This isn't what we were dealing with before. She is taking re-direction, having a great attitude and so much fun to be around. She is doing beautifully.
She has been tired the past 2 days and I'm not surprised with going to a new place and so many new things. Huge disruption in her schedule. Yesterday she took 2 naps and slept late Monday morning. Mockery Mark had a big time calling (it was all in fun - not as judging my parenting) my house "The Rock" comparing it to the episode on the Andy Griffith show where Aunt Bee houses the inmates (Otis of course) and all of her strict rules. We'd be at dinner and Mockery Mark would announce that we needed to hurry up because it's "lights out" at The Rock at 7. ;-) Yep. And it works and she feels safer. He called last night to tell me that they really enjoyed being around J and commented on how much she's changed. It was greatly appreciated.
Kaylee has such a special place in my heart. She is Mockery Mark's bio-daughter and hopefully soon to be Mary Alice's adopted daughter.






9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I'm so glad you had a good time!

~Dinah said...

Glad you had a really fun trip.

Yes, some children are dealt a tough hand, I'm glad she has a great dad and great friends like you to show her what real love and family is all about!

Kelly said...

Thanks for sharing the pics. They are great.

Poor Kaylee. So glad she has a daddy that loves her and she is able to be with him now.

Keri said...

I love that last photo - the one of you and Jordan. It's beautiful!

Christa said...

Skiing looks like a lot of fun. I'm really going to have to try it sometime.

I'm sorry that Kaylee has had to deal with so much during her young life. I know of other situations like hers and they are all so sad. It's good that she has loving, supportive people around her now.

Jo said...

Look at the pictures! Good memories of good times. It must be wonderful to see how far your sweetie has come through someone else's eyes. You are both amazing.

Anonymous said...

It is so great to see you both so happy and that you enjoy all your time together..I am so glad everything improves.I always enjoy reading your blog because it makes me happy to see what big changes happened since I am gone...Love

The Accidental Mommy said...

I hope this is not an un-pc thing to say cuz I don't mean it in any un-pc way. I just think it is really cool that you and J look so natural together in that one photo. You look like each other even. People who don't know us often ask if my girls are twins- even though there is like an 8 inch height difference. They are just that close as sisters I think that they have grown to resemble each other.
I think there comes a time in the process where you blend together with your child, or you don't, and when you do it is like you have always known each other. You start to use similar mannerisms, sayings etc, and that is when it is a done deal. That's how you guys look. Like a done deal.

Holly said...

Glad you had a good trip. Sounds like fun.