Sunday, January 25, 2009

We're Back

A great trip. We didn't get to tube (no snow on the tubing mountain (waaaahhh!) but J did manage to ride the lifts with Mary Alice and ski down between her legs. This was just before the lifts closed for the evening so she didn't get another opportunity on Friday. Saturday morning we woke to unbelievable cold and the slopes were solid sheets of ice so it was a no go.



J played really well with Kaylee and Becca and she functioned much better than I ever expected considering it was a new place. Becca and Kaylee are both eleven and Becca moved to the states from England 6 months ago. She had never skied but she put a ski on each foot around 2 in the afternoon and gave it everything she had and didn't stop. When they closed the lifts that night at 10 she was skiing the black diamond. G was such a great sport and skiied with them the whole time. This is huge for him. He loves J but whenever I invite one of J's friends over he usually won't show up because he's not a "kid" person. Huuummmphhh. I think he discovered they're not so terrifying afterall. Saturday night he even got on to Becca because she skiied into a bunch of people because she didn't want to slow down. The girls got mad and left him to ski by himself and he didn't let it get to him. Yahoo! Maybe there's hope for him yet.



I let J ride home with G so I had four hours in the car by myself. It was really nice to have some alone time. Now I'm digging out of dirty laundry. Oh, and BTW.... my computer won't get on the wireless internet connection at home so I'm typing from J's. Did fine on the trip but now it's on strike. Something about using the wireless at the lodge screwed everything up. *heavy sigh*

11 comments:

Ashley said...

Welcome home!! I missed all of you- Isn't that odd, as I've never seen you?

Glad to have you back, either way :) Skiing sounds great- though I never have been.

Jo said...

I am so glad things went well. It goes to show you how much everything you are doing with J is helping her. Glad to hear you got some alone time, it is great huh?

Kelly said...

Welcome home. I am catching up on laundry after a week of construction in the house. My goal for today is to do every piece in the house. It will be about 6 loads probably. I can do it. I can. :) You can too. Glad you had fun. It's so nice to get away, isn't it!?!

Torina said...

Yahoo! Glad you are back!

~Dinah said...

Yeah for an awesome trip!!

Kristina P. said...

Missed you! Glad you had a great trip!

The Accidental Mommy said...

ooooooooooooh, time aloooooone. Lovely.
Glad you had fun. Next time fill out the vacation application for consideration form would you please. (JK)

Mom of these kids said...

I am so glad you guys had a good time and J did so well! That is awesome! I agree, it is a sign of how well you are doing with her!

Christa said...

I don't remember if I've told you this before, but I've lived in Utah my entire life and never been skiing once. Supposedly, the "Greatest Snow on Earth" is here and I've never even tried it out. What's wrong with me?

I'm glad that you had a great time. Oh yeah, HOORAY for quiet, alone time! Isn't it just the best?

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great trip! I'm glad you got to spend time with some normal little kids and I'm REALLY glad G seems to be getting more comfortable with a parenting role.

Casey said...

so glad your trip was awesome. You intenet difficulty has happened to me upon a return from a trip where I used a different iternet service. Just open up your intenet utility and click on your home address and then highlight it and click "add"

That should work.

Laurie