Friday, October 31, 2008

Cause you asked...

Twilight....oh how I loved the Twilight series. You on the other hand might hate Twilight. Kristina is not a fan. Yet, she's the reason I read them. I had never heard of them but I was stalking Kristina and read her review and then I saw her little avatar or whatever you call that thingy. Perusing a book store (one of my favorite places to hang out) one day I picked up a copy and read the little jacket. Hmmm.... I put it down because I didn't want to read about vampires. It was too scary. More perusing....then I went back and picked it up, marched myself up to the counter and paid good money for the "scary" book.




Early riser that I am I started reading it before everyone else got up. 50 pages in and I was committed. 100 pages in and I couldn't stop. 200 pages and I was reading while I was cooking dinner. That was a little scary in itself. Before I went to sleep that night I was finished with all 500 pages. 10 days later I had read the entire series.




If you're looking for a scary book, this is not it. If you're looking for trashy romance this is not it. It's all nice and clean and stuff, not even any foul language. But it drew me in and kept me hanging on every word. BTW: They're very nice vampires.




Then I found out it was written for teenage girls. And 29 y/o girls (I wish). Yup I love a teenage secret romance book.




I was going to give the set to my other kid who's 27 (and a Language Arts teacher at an alternative school and yep...I'm still 29). So I casually mentioned it to her in an effort to fish. She's read the whole thing and loved it. She is a very discriminating and voracious reader. (There went that Christmas idea.) So now we have a date for the movie in November. Usually I don't like to watch the movie after I've read the book because it just spoils it for me. The movie in my head is usually so much better. But I'll never turn down a date with my oldest. She's the bomb!





First I loaned it to our AT who thought it was just silly. The next night she called to tell me to hurry up she was almost ready for the next book. Then I brought it to work and got all my employees hooked on it. Then I loaned it to Connie and she was rushing my co-workers to hurry up so she could have the next book. It was a real book chasing event around here for a while as everyone was tapping their fingers impatiently waiting on the next book. Now my mom has started it. Luckily no one else is reading it at the moment so the book chasing is over for the moment.




I thought the only reason I liked it was because I had only read therapeutic parenting books, cd's, etc for the last 2+ years. Evidently not so since it has really been making it's rounds around here.

Nah...don't read it...you won't like it......don't waste your time. Boring.




I am loving that little gun totin/cigar smokin/angel pup avatar up there. That is just the cutest thing ever Tracee. How do you get those things????





Still working down my list and Torina's chicken rocked the house.

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Well, I am glad you enjoyed it and it brought joy to you. That makes me happy.

I wanted to like it, but I just didn't.

Have fun at the movie! You know I love you!

Torina said...

Phew! I am glad you liked the chicken recipe. I am going to have to check out Twilight.

Cindy said...

Lisa, Thanks for your time and your help this morning, it was greatly appreciated.

Alyssa's Mom said...

I am very confused. That shouldn't really surprise you, but I feel like I missed something.

Who is your oldest?

Me

Torina said...

I was wondering who your oldest was, too...do tell.