Monday, October 20, 2008

Day One

We traveled all day to North Myrtle Beach. 6 1/2 hours in the car. J didn't suspect a thing since I packed in camouflage in the dark of night. ;-) But....as soon as she got in the truck she knew instantly that we were destined for the beach. This is her 5th trip to this house so it's starting to become more familiar. We have a modified routine here and she remembers it. Routines are comforting to her.

The 1st day is down and it was really a great day. Yay for both of us! J ate her weight in crab legs. She has to crack her own and she does it very well and with great persistence. She was even ok with not being able to swim because "buuuuurrrrr" it's cold here!

Thanks from a little help up north J is off the Clonid*ne and starting to act like herself again. I know she is emotionally disturbed but she was truly off her rocker with Clonid*ne and getting weirder by the minute. Yuck!

Puddin should be eating out of Astrid's hand by now. Y'all think I'm kidding. I'm not. When I'm not home that's the only way she'll eat. 3 trips to ICU proved that. Puddin has issues too....

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I'm glad it was a pretty pleasant day!

Christa said...

It's good that things are a little better since being off the meds. I hope you can come up with a good solution for the future.

Perspective RAD said...

Yay! for a break.... wishin' I had some crab legs.. yum.

Jillene said...

Crab legs....really?! I am SO jealous!! I am glad it was a good day!

Ashley said...

The shift in meds and scenery should do wonders for your J's energy- And for her Awesome Mom's too!

Delighted to be following you

Ashley

Brenda said...

Hmm. It is 48 degrees here. The beach sounds nice.

MBA Community Ministries said...

Lisa
Thanks for the encouraging words. IT went better than I expected and I got some sleep last night! Thanks for the hug too!
Will write more about today..tomorrow!
Lisa

Holly said...

Beach?! Sounds nice...cold or not....still nice.