Thursday, October 30, 2008

Whew!

Cindy's back. I was so worried about her. She is as faithful as the sun rising in the east about blogging every day so when she doesn't show up it makes me worry. Please include this family in your thoughts.

Thanks to all of you I have many new things to try this weekend for the recharging of mom batteries. Tonight it is Saffron Chicken thanks to Torina.

Manicure at lunch today. Heavenly.

After saffron chicken it will be a salt/soda bath. 1lb of sea salt and 1lb of baking soda (p.s. if you do this at home you need to dissolve the salt in hot water before pouring in the tub, then dissolve the soda in hot water and pour in the tub. It cools the water off too much if you don't mix before and if you mix them together to try to dissolve they have a chemical reaction and the salt won't dissolve. I learned this the hard way). Then I'll be all relaxed and will sleep like a baby.

Tomorrow I'm having a girl night out with my friend Connie. Yahoo! No kid talk allowed!

Once upon a mattress book for the weekend. I sure do hate that I finished the Twilight series. Dang it.

A walk in the woods around the house. There's a little waterfall at the bottom of my property that I need to go visit.

Going to commit a random act of kindness for someone and I think I know who it is and what I'm going to do. I'm just in the plotting stages now.

Catch up on the DVR list. Dr. McDreamy, Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters here I come.

Some time or another I'm going to watch P.S. I Love You or August Rush again because I think I need a good cry. FaerieMama made me cry with her comment last night and really touched me. Maybe I'll feel better and have some stress relief if I just let it all hang out. I hate crying because I am a really ugly crier. Yuck! Puffy eyes, can't breathe, can't see for 2 days kind of crier. Double yuck! On the other hand I've been having chest pains lately so maybe this will stop them too. Much rather cry than have a heart attack.

Some time I've got to implement # 3 on Gerri's list. Wait this is about my batteries. Next week I'll work on that.

Y'all are the best! If you think of other self-care things please let me know. I'm keeping all of them and putting them on the fridge so that I'll remember to actually do them before I go splat!

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

So, what did you think of that darn Twilight series? Need a vial of cyanide?

Jillene said...

I am glad that you are treating yourself to some YOU time!! You really DESERVE it!!

Alyssa's Mom said...

You listed 2 out of 3 of my FAVORITES. I would have to sub ER for Desperate Housewives though!

Have a fun night out, you certainly deserve it! Oh and out on Halloween, you will have a blast. I'll be thinking about you, I bartend tomorrow night. Let's see, how about 9:00pm, lift your glass, and I'll lift mine and we will do a toast to motherhood, RAD kids, and the GREAT friends we meet along the way!

Enjoy!

Holly said...

Wonderful to hear you are taking some time for yourself. And McDreamy and Housewives. What a great way to top off a night!

Reighnie said...

I've been curious about the Twilight series.

I usually don't read stuff like that but so many people seem to like it.

Can't make up my mind if I should read it or not.

Perspective RAD said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better.. prayed for you & J last night. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're taking care of yourself! I'm also someone who hasn't read the Twilight books but keeps hearing trashy fun. I'd love to hear you weigh in.