Saturday, March 7, 2009

J's Gift

J gave me an arrangement of silk gerbera daisies. My favorite! Also, $41 cash and an arrangement of balloons! Which I will spend taking her to do something fun this afternoon. Ssssshhhhh....it's a secret.

Feeling much better today but not so much sleep last night... weird nightmares, endless trips to the bathroom and two cats fighting outside my bedroom window at 1:30 AM then up at 4:30 to get Puddin ready for her big day. Crystal picked her up at 5 on the dot and I've been a nervous Nelly ever since. She called me a bit ago to let me know that she was walking Puddin outside because she didn't like being around all the dryers. Crystal & Puddin will be judged and finished around 5 but Crystal won't be able to leave until 9 or 10 tonight. So....I'm driving down to the Hilton this afternoon to pick her up. I can't wait!

60 degrees at 8 AM! Supposed to be a high around 78. Yay! Gets me in the mood to garden. Wishing I lived on a farm. I'd be planting my potatoes and spring greens! All shade here so only flowers....

12 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Those are lovely!

And it's a beautiful day here too.

The Accidental Mommy said...

How pretty- J is really doing it up for you! $41 in cash, that is so cute.
Now, I am totally jealous of your 68 degrees. We have snow coming tomorrow. Again.

Tracey said...

Aw, precious Puddin is going to be a star!

How sweet that J was so excited for your birthday. And it's great that you can celebrate together with the $41! Seriously adorable!

~Dinah said...

Ah, how sweet of J! Hope you have a fun afternoon. And I'm soooooo jealous of your temps; we are due for a snowstorm tonight. :(

Christa said...

78 for a high!? No fair. It may be a beautiful day here, but we will probably only reach 40.

Linda B said...

Wow! You got more for your bday than I ever do from my kids and husband! J picked out beautiful flowers too! I'm glad you had a great bday....but feel better soon!

Muppet Soul said...

OH my.. That looks exactly like my wedding bouquet. (The silk version).

I LOVE G-daisies.

Don't you just love that cat's are nocturnal? My fat, half-lovely half-evil cat has somehow figured out how to hook her paw under our bedroom door and just bank it sound like a 400 lb ex con is banging on the door. A-mazing.

People used to think cats could suck out your souls, sometimes I wonder..

Enjoy the beautificus day! Spring forward, and all that.

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Enjoy your beautiful weather.

matryoshka said...

A late Happy Birthday to you...I didn't get a chance to post before!! It was about 55 here yesterday for a few hours and did it ever feel nice!!

Alyssa's Mom said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

marythemom said...

Happy Birthday Lisa!!!! I hope for your next birthday you have 2 little girls giving you sweet presents!

You are an amazing lady, and a great friend.

I'm going to end this before I break into "You are the wind beneath my wings." You do NOT want to hear me sing (and neither do my staff!).

Mary in Texas

Jo said...

What a sweet birthday gift from your girl. And I don't just mean the actual presents, but the great attitude and the extra help too. She has come such a long, long way.