Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sneaking Up on You

Muuuuuwaaaahhhh.... I'm stalking you from the Big Apple.....

No. Not really. I did not take my computer to NY but I typed this up on 3/12 and asked blogger nicely to post Saturday morning. We'll see if it works.

Right about now we should be at Rockefeller Center. Yay me. Already can't wait to post pictures for you. I'm going to "try" to do better in the picture taking department during this trip. I royally stink at taking pictures. I get so caught up in the moment, seeing everything and committing everything to memory that I forget to take pictures.

Mockery Mark once said that he spent a week in Las Vegas with G one night. That's going to be kinda like our trip.

Hoping we make it to the Museum of Natural History. The AT & I worked out a plan that I will carry J while she closes her eyes through the dinosaur exhibit. I think she'll really enjoy it once we get past the dinosaur at the front door. When I was at best buy purchasing my computer, they were playing Night at the Museum on all the screens. It terrified J and she had many nightmares afterward. (Remember we don't watch TV because it sets off triggers and it's never pretty.) We also talked about exactly what was going to happen and that I would always keep her safe. Changes in schedule are hard for most RAD kids but throwing in LOTS of new things can be really scary and will result in an off the chart meltdown. Trying to prepare her for all events may be helpful. More will be revealed later.

We did tell her that if indeed she did need to throw a fit that she needed to get out of the car or stand in the hall of the hotel until it was over. That may keep her from throwing one because she hates for others to see her on the crazy train. Hee hee.

If you haven't already, please check out Toolbox Parenting. I received an email from Nathan and he said the broken links were fixed so there's even more tools to discover. Nathan and Deb Fjeld created this site specifically for parents like us. There's even a community to join (free) to throw questions out and get help from other parents. To join look for the box on the right side of the screen. Honestly I haven't utilized it all yet but eventually I will.

BT....Thank you for de-lurking. It's great to see you. ;-) If you start a blog I'll be your first follower. Pinky swear!

7 comments:

Rachie317 said...

Hope you are having a good time and that all the planning you've put into it goes well!

Kristina P. said...

I hope you're having such a great time right now!

Muppet Soul said...

Oh my I HOPE you are taking pictures! Lots & lots of pictures!

And posting them ASAP.

((Smaaart thinking on the 'fit' front - if you're going to do it, go out in the hall, etc. - I tell my husband the same thing)).

Hoping you're having fun!

RamblingMother said...

Have a great time. I love the post options feature!!

Christa said...

I love the idea of making her throw a fit in front of total strangers. I really think I'm going to try something like that with my own kids. Have a fun and safe trip.

Tracey said...

Yay, it worked! Now if you can just remember to take some pictures!

matryoshka said...

ooh..good idea! Maybe instead of hauling Jupiter OUT of Hannaford today, I should have let her just stand there until she was finished with the show :).

Hope NYC is the BEST!!