Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Monday...

J is still being ugly to Mrs. Kacak. Any words of advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. She spent the afternoon in the car (2 hours to p-doc and 2 hours back) and the rest of her evening writing an apology. It's obviously not working even with encouragement from me. This morning I prescribed the problem (trying to play into her oppositional defiant side). I told her wanted her to be really, really mean, disrespectful and argumentative to Mrs. Kacak so that she could get more writing practice because she is going to be the best writer in the world and I can't wait on the novel she's going to write and make lots of money and move us into a mansion..... This didn't work either as she only had 2 hours of school. I went downstairs after a phone call from Jessi and had her hit her yucky pillow, did some tapping and let her recover in my lap. Still didn't work. Running out of ideas here....

This morning I played hooky and planted flower seeds. Sunflowers, nasturium, giardella (sp?), hollyhocks, brown-eyed susans, painted daisies, shasta daisies, cockscomb, zinnias, sweet peas, poppys, cosmos, stocks, bachelor buttons and some other things that don't come to mind at the moment. Over 3000 seeds in all. Tomorrow I will be lucky if I can fall out of bed as I am already sore. Hopefully I'll recover and be able to plant the other 4000 seeds at the lake in a couple of weeks....

Lisa's Gratitude:
1. Spring planting
2. Bright, bright sunshiny day (cue Johnny Nash's "I Can See Clearly Now" music now)
3. J's frustrations are on Jessi and not me
4. 2 more days till Serenity
5. Spending the afternoon with J

J's Gratitude is all about Jessi:
1. Mrs. Kacak is kind to me.
2. She helps me write letters.
3. She lets me listen to music
4. She is funny.
5. She is an awesome teacher.

No comments: