Thursday, April 10, 2008

Spring....

Lisa's Gratitude
1. Mom to an awesome daughter
2. G is home safely from motorcycle trip
3. New plants waiting to be planted
4. Big bear hugs
5. Acid green leaves all around me

Jordan's Gratitude:
1. Awesome mom
2. Playing Trouble (no TV in our house)
3. Science
4. Tickle monster
5. Getting her yuckies out at AT's

Spring is here and I am itching to start planting all of my flower seeds, sweet potato vines, tomato plants and geraniums. You can take the girl off the farm but you can't get the farmer out of the girl.... The acid green color of a fresh spring leaf just makes me happy. I can't explain it.... That's one reason I had to buy some sweet potato vines just so I can keep that color around longer. Also waiting to be planted: several varieties of sunflowers, sweet william, zinnias, cosmos, sweet peas, cockscomb, nasturtium, daisies, hollyhocks, morning glories, and portulaca, among many others.

J has been having some great days and I am savoring them. I know they won't last but it's important to revel in them while they do. J amazed G with all the words she knows how to spell. Consequence, respectful, daughter, hippopotamus, meterologist, etc. Very big words for a 1st grader! She is learning so much with http://www.k12.com/ and I am so grateful that she has a love of learning. This week she has studied Egypt, pharaohs, mummies, hieroglyphs, etc.

No comments: