Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sharing Joy

Yesterday J didn't have such a good day at school or with Chrissi....probably some fallout from my abscence. Usually this makes me as ill as a hornet (on the inside) but I was able to pull her in my lap, rock her and tell her that I was sorry that she had such a bad day. Our evening together was really great with shrimp & grits pie for dinner and lots of laughter and playing outside afterwards. Almost too much fun because I lost track of time and she didn't get in the tub until 6:45. We didn't have time for a bedtime story but my fast & snappy girl raced to get through with her evening rituals that we did have time for the guided imagery.

J "says" she's not having nightmares anymore so it appears that the AT did indeed make those go away. The tapping is working. Whoo hoo! I found out at Serenity that I can do Reiki on J while I'm giving her a massage. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it works because my friend, Mary, did Reiki on me last year and the pain disappeared. Now I am on a quest to find a Reiki Master to help me learn how to help J with this.

Working on my list of positive affirmations that I am going to record and I am struggling with it. This is what I have so far: 1. I am good enough, 2. I am perfect just the way I am, 3. I deserve to have joy, 4. I deserve to have a family, 5. I deserve to be loved, 6. I love my body (that is hard....maybe I need to watch How to Look Good Naked again), 7. I deserve to have a happy life, 8. I deserve to be treated with respect, 9. I matter, 10. My past does not define me

Lisa's Gratitude:
1. Cool morning breezes with coffee on the deck.
2. Email from a friend
3. Hearing from Barbara Anne post Serenity
4. Tudu
5. An awesome daughter.
6. An appointment with Teena for a massage. (it's funny that the things you share for other people are usually the things you need to do for yourself.
7. Wild flame azaleas

J's Gratitude:
1. Awesome Mom
2. Playing the "hand-smacking" game with Chrissi
3. Mom reading her 2 bedtime stories on Sunday night
4. Getting to pick out a bedtime story.
5. Tickle monster is back!

No comments: