Thursday, April 17, 2008

Therapy

Mom's Gratitude:
1. The little red-breasted hummingbird that flew right up to me, inspected and flew away
2. Frost free azaleas, peonies & dogwoods
3. Being able to enjoy being a mom
4. Spending the day with my daughter
5. An awesome AT
6. 6 more days till Serenity!!!

Jordan's Gratitude: (she had 15 but I'll list only 5!)
1. Getting her yuckies out at AT's
2. Dogwood trees
3. Spending the day with Mom
4. Refried beans & sprite

J worked really hard at therapy yesterday and actually told a secret she had been holding on to about a sexual reactivity incident that happened 5 or 6 months ago. We would have never known if she hadn't fessed up so that's a huge sign that she wants to get better. I was so proud of her! Besides, you're only as sick as your secrets.

I took her by G's office for a bit and she got to play "boss". She gave Stephen a raise and told him the check was in the mail. :-) She gave G her apology letter and felt much better afterwards. Lots of progress.....

New tapping sequence started today....still repeating, "love is stronger than fear." I really think this self-EMDR is working with her. This morning she blew up her imaginary yucky pillow regarding Mrs. Kacak and we set them free to the wind to collect good energy. This afternoon we'll start a guided imagery per AT (2 times a day) to help improve her self-esteem. Right now we're still working on the control but the new med is really helping with this....

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood and I am sooooo blessed!

2 comments:

Alyssa's Mom said...

Isn't is great to see progress? I hope this will be a spring board for many more breakthroughs!

Enjoy the positive while it is here, 'cause you know the negative will be back!

Hmmm, who told me that?????

Gerri

Lisa said...

I can't imagine who said that!!!!??? ;-) Must've been a crazy woman!

You're an awesome mom Gerri!
L